Upland’s Health Team works with faculty to ensure that each student gets the most out of their school day. Our nurses, Ms. Veronica and Ms. Rosa, work with students and families to mitigate the effects of common childhood infections on school. Ms. Somers, Upland’s guidance counselor, provides individual and group therapy on campus as well as in-classroom education. Our Health Aide, Mrs. Brown, supports the Health Team by caring for students’ minor injuries throughout the day.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by calling 610-444-7746 or via email:
- Rosa Garza Moore, BSN, RN - School Nurse & Director of Wellness
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Veronica Subbio, BSN, RN - School Nurse
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Leslie Brown - Health Aide
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 3p.m.
- Angela Somers, MSN - Guidance Counselor
- Mondays, Thursdays and every other Wednesday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m
When to Stay Home
Keeping sick children at home provides for a healthy school environment and fewer lost days for all students. A child should not attend school if they:
- Have a fresh cold (child should be kept home the first day of a cold).
- Have a temperature of 100.1 degrees or more or has had one within the previous 24 hours.
- Have had vomiting or diarrhea within 24 hours of the beginning of class.
- Have a rash of unknown cause or pus-like discharge from the eyes, ears, or nose.
- Have developed chickenpox (child may return to school when all sores have scabbed over, and no new sores have appeared for 24 hours).
- Have strep throat (child may return to school 24 hours after the first dose of antibiotics).
Head Lice Protocol
Medication WaiverConsent to TreatConsent for COVID-19 Rapid Test
Useful Websites for Families
All of the forms required for students to have a safe and healthy school year are maintained on Magnus, our electronic health record program, found under the Resources tab on MyUCDS. Magnus is also available as an app for iOS phones. Several forms are also available for download online:
Forms Requiring a Physician Signature